Wednesday, March 25, 2015

InfoGraphic Inspiration

Info Graphics Common Characteristics:
1) Colorful imagery to draw reader's attention.
2) Layering of information to create depth.
3) Image is the visual representation of the information.
4) Use of arrows and or pointers to draw specific points of information to the front.
5) Only a few examples of informational hierarchy vs. visual.
6) Very few examples of legends.
7) Several examples of breakdown an image into smaller subsections of information.
8) Continuity in color scheme-based on subject and message.

Steps to Designing an Info Graphic:
1) Subject and Message: I need to establish which statistics I want to use to have the greatest effect. Because Art Nouveau stylization is not a text-heavy aesthetic I want to use information that hits hard and fast, and integrate it into the overall design so it fits well with the images.
2) Keep with the Style: I want to make sure I stay as close as possible to the organic shapes used by Mucha but also modernizing the overall layout to contain as much information as possible.
3) Find a simple and engaging color scheme.
4) Legend-depending on how I can design a pie chart in the coffee cup I need to also consider the legend.

5) Knowing my audience-that way I can design an effective message.

No comments:

Post a Comment